Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I REMEMBER

ចម្រៀងចងដៃឆ្នាំថ្មី

Emm.. my beloved country... i remember i'd always wait for New Year to come.. Nothing much.. just a time that we could see our relatives, and enjoyed our village life as everyone'd be free from work.. Yeah.. so many rice and pork cakes left over from New Year. Those left over would be kept on fire for days or even weeks. I like eating those grilled pork cake also (my grandmum's a seller, she's the best for me as everyone always praises their elderly for this :).

Emm.. i miss every little chance i had in snatching the food and drink on the Devada shrine. Haha Devada never ate or drank anything as i noticed :).

I miss climbing up the oil pole.. what the hec, i never won those prizes on the top of the pole... I'd never be able to compete again (too old lolz). Oh but this time we can play the "breaking port, វាយក្អម".. emm should have been there. I also miss her asking me to accompany her for night dance, រាំវង់. Now it's not allowed to play pouring water, a really very fun game. But we can sometimes take opportunity to do it onto some gal next door. Haha remember lining up from the well to the main road just to pass the water to pour onto passengers..

Remember riding on my friend's horse cart to visit other villages (gals in other villages). Now no more ox or horse carts leh.. all are alr automated. Remember she picked my name in the love game (ស្តេចចង់). Remember giving rice, រាប់បាត្រ, to monks with her in my last new year day. Remember she got married just at the end of that year, God damn it.

Remember i always made good money from our traditional games (ខ្លាឃ្លោក, ស៊ីគូ, ក្រហម, អូសយិត...) OH remember watching and running away from a crowd of gangsters fighting.

Yeah kinda cool, my friends. Anyway, yeah have a fun reading with these 2 compositions:

1.​ កក់ចិត្តមុនចូលឆ្នាំថ្មី - រាំវង់ (Book Your Heart Before New Year)

2. លើកកាលីបប្រុសស្អាត - Madison (Boost Up Brandname)

2 comments:

  1. it is slightly the same as me. i mean dancing. when i was young i liked it very much but now i feel like shy. hehehehe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey khmertale.. tell u i'm no more shy after i've realized the problem. i dared to call a gal up for dancing some more, and the new prob was that she turned me down. No idea how to deal with this now.

    ReplyDelete